Job Search Blog

Career and Job Search Advice from JobHunters

Job Search Blog header image 2

Dairy Farm Jobs in New Zealand

October 28th, 2007 · 83 Comments

For many young people in Europe one of the best ways to see New Zealand and get paid for doing it is by taking one of the many Dairy Farm Jobs that are available in New Zealand.

There are certain periods of the year in New Zealand where there is very high demand for Dairy Farm workers, they generally work on a 1st June until 31st May calendar period, and the focus is on a season’s activity.

The sharemilking system is very unique to New Zealand. Around 40% of NZ dairy farms operate with the sharemilking structure which we discuss below.

Variable Order Sharemilkers
This is where the sharemilker contributes a percentage of the costs and in return is paid a percentage of the income.

50% Sharemilkers
This is where the sharemilker owns most or all of the cows and the the ensueing profits are split with the dairy farm’s owner. This meanse that the sharemilker can start from a modest investment and build up assets over time.

One thing is certain whatever the structure there are plenty of dairy farm jobs for willing and experienced workers. You can take a look at a site like Marvin Farms if you are interested in finding out more. You can read through some of the testimonials on the site to see how others have enjoyed the experience.

Comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

Tags: Employment Help · Work In NZ

83 responses so far ↓

• 1 Rajesh Ghimire // Feb 16, 2008 at 7:35 pm

I WANT TO GO NZ IS THERE ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO REALLY HELP ME OUT . mailed me at rgbb_04@yahoo.com.
    as a a work permit ok
    thanks

• 2 Sudheer // Mar 4, 2008 at 9:46 pm

I am sudheer from India, Kerala state, trying to go to NZ as farm worker. Anybody please help. Mail me at rs_sudheer@yahoo.co.in
    Hoping for the best

• 3 Ismael C. Dubal // Apr 1, 2008 at 5:59 pm

Hi! Good Day. I just want to know if i can be part of your dairy farm there in NZ. I already finished taking special course in Dairy Production and Management at Central Mindanao University. As a proof I do have already a certificate of it.

You can keep me touch at smile_010383@yahoo.com. for an advice.

Thanks and have a nice day!

• 4 Cyril Dave Fuentes // May 9, 2008 at 3:37 pm

I want to apply as dairy farm worker. What are the qualifications?

• 5 Sonny P. Villanueva // May 12, 2008 at 1:45 am

I would like to go to NZ & work in a Dairy farm which gives great opportunity & career advancement. I have 3 years work experience in dairy farming & attended trainings in prestigious university. I have also undergone intensive training in a big dairy farm. Please help me look for a good employer. Thanks in advance.

• 6 Renato B. Bendanillo // May 28, 2008 at 6:21 pm

I’m from the Philippines, I want to work as dairy worker in New Zealand, please help me.

• 7 Renato B. Bendanillo // May 28, 2008 at 6:24 pm

I am very much interested to work as dairy worker in New Zealand, please email me at renz_b69@yahoo.com

• 8 Robellio B. Capulas // Jun 10, 2008 at 11:20 pm

i am prviously working here in the Philippines as a farm worker and i came to like to work there in New Zealand.

I am also skilled on automechanics, masonry and carpentry. I wish to look for a job i am qualified to by your agency. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thank you and more power.

• 9 Robellio B. Capulas // Jun 10, 2008 at 11:51 pm

I also drive heavy equipments such as trucks and 18 wheelers..

• 10 SUFI // Jun 21, 2008 at 5:19 pm

HELLO, I M SUFI FROM BANGLADESH.OUR COUNTRY ALSO AN AGRICULTURE BASED COUNTRY.I WANT TO GO NZ WITH A JOB(DAIRY).IS THERE ANY ONE CAN HELP??

• 11 CIRILO QUIMIO // Jul 14, 2008 at 8:33 pm

I’m a graduate of ANIMAL HUSBANDRY IN DELA SALLE ARANETA UNIV. I WANT TO WORK AND LEAVE IN NZ.

• 12 Rechiel C. Carbon // Sep 3, 2008 at 3:51 pm

To whom it may concern please just help me to find job in new zealand for a dairy farm worker.

• 13 jose vazquez // Sep 6, 2008 at 4:53 pm

I mexican and i am interested in go to N Z,because de situation in my country is very hard, I worked in a dairy farm in california for almost 2 years and a i want to know how can i do for obtain a job there.
    Now i live in canada but i go back to mexico in december i don”t know if you can help me

• 14 Ulyses Barete // Sep 15, 2008 at 1:56 am

Hi im looking for a job at NZ as Dairy Farm Assistant PLs Help Me

• 15 Rogelio Buton Jr. // Sep 22, 2008 at 3:00 pm

I WANT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND AS A DAIRY FARM WORKER..
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE..
    THANKS..

• 16 Rogelio Buton Jr. // Sep 22, 2008 at 3:01 pm

I WANT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND AS A DAIRY FARM WORKER..
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE..
    THANKS..

my email: chokat07@yahoo.com.ph

• 17 moto // Nov 11, 2008 at 2:35 pm

hi i wana work down in newzealand in the farm as i have worked on my farm with small number of cows n bullocks i have the experience as well on farm .

• 18 ibrahim // Mar 13, 2009 at 5:41 am

i am professional in dairy farm managments -i have 8 years experience ,is it possible to find a permenant jop-i am dvm

• 19 meurandt and trudie de vrije // Mar 13, 2009 at 10:33 pm

My wife and I wants to immigrate and are interested in farmwork. We do not have permits yet. Could we be considered?

• 20 SAIF // Mar 17, 2009 at 3:55 am

Hi! I am Saif from Bangladesh. I know NZ is world famous for her Dairy Industry. I am ready to start my career in this sector. Hope it would be much amusing an challenging as well.

• 21 bolanghoy // Apr 8, 2009 at 6:46 pm

i want to work and live in NZ, is there anyone out there from a good farmer who really want to help me obtain a job into your farm. i need a visa sponsorship.
    my e mail: supermandoza@yahoo.com

• 22 Eddie Ho // Apr 15, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Hi,i interested farm job in new zealand, if needed pls email to me.thanks.anytime can go.

• 23 Raja // Apr 23, 2009 at 7:00 am

Dear brothers and sisters,

i am Horticulturist, M.Sc.,Horticulture with 5 years exp in Horticulture. i belongs to india and had been working there at Malaysia and Bahrain. Presently i am looking for job at Newzealand, dear brothers and sisters kindly give me the guidance regarding above. My e.mail sraja_horti@yahoo.com. thank you

• 24 sunshine aguinaldo // Apr 26, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Hello!
    I am a graduate of dairy production and management and I have already experienced 3 dairy farm jobs and currently I work in a korean company as there volunteer worker. I hope I can have a chance to work with your company.
    Thank you!

• 25 Bernard // May 4, 2009 at 3:15 pm

PLEASE HELP ME TO ACQUIRE DAIRY FARM JOBS HERE IN NZ, THANKS

• 26 shYne // May 6, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Hi! I’m looking for a dairy farm job in new zealand. I finished my training for 6 months and experience a 1 month volunteer worker in a korean dairy farm here in the philippines. I hope you can help me! thanks!

• 27 Pablo Borja Catalan Jr. // May 11, 2009 at 8:19 pm

i really like to work in new zealand but the problem is my age im aready 49 11 years experiennce in the field of dairy company if you still intersted for my service just semd me an applicaation thanks

• 28 Rajith kalhara // May 12, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Dear Sir, I am ineresting about a farm job
    if request me for your works, i can work my best under you.I am from Sri L anka.

Thank you.
    Rjith.

• 29 bernard bonjoc // May 25, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Hello everyone!!!! I;m looking for Dairy Farm Job here in NZ, my working visa was already approved last jan. 23 this year as Dairy Farm Assistant. I am willing to work here anytime. Thank you and more power.

• 30 trident pacifico // May 26, 2009 at 12:59 am

hi, I’m willing to work in your company as a farm worker. Need some help. tridentpacifico@yahoo.com

• 31 kim liston // May 29, 2009 at 12:14 am

kim T. Liston//May 28,2009 at 8:10 pm

Hi,I’m interested in farm job in New Zewland,i have my experience for 2yrs. at st. benedict farm
    anytime can go.thanks….

• 32 jason koia // Jun 21, 2009 at 11:24 am

hi my name is jason and i live in auckland. im looking for a job in farming thank you.

• 33 mr. & Mrs. Valdez // Jul 9, 2009 at 9:03 pm

hi we are couple and we are seeking a job as a dairy farm worker we are both willing to work in new zealand.

• 34 mr.&mrs.valdez // Jul 15, 2009 at 7:59 pm

we are willing to work in new zealand as dairy farm worker.

• 35 Jan Bryan Angeles // Jul 16, 2009 at 3:11 am

hi, i am animal science graduate, i have a one year dairy experience, i grow up and currently working at our ranch. im very interested to work in new zealand..plz email to me…thnks.

• 36 joaquin // Aug 4, 2009 at 4:09 pm

hello, my name is joaquin, im from uruguay south america and i am 19 years old. I am very interested in a dairy farm job in new zealand, im in the south island now, so it would be better for me is the farm is the south island. if you have some vacancy please let me know ( send me a mail). thank you

• 37 Dante P. Mercado // Aug 10, 2009 at 12:13 am

Hi good day. I am interested in dairy farm worker. Iam a graduate of veterinary medicine with 6 years dairy farm worker in saudi arabia. thanks. available anytime.

• 38 Maria Lourdes Arevalo // Aug 24, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Hi!!!!!! I want to work in new zealand as a dairy farm worker. i have already 2 years experience…

• 39 Israel Cain Abrio Pioquinto // Sep 13, 2009 at 5:19 pm

HELLO… IF I WILL BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO STEP AND WORK IN A NEW ZEALAND SOIL. I WILL DO MY BEST… PLZ EMAIL ME…

• 40 vitree // Oct 2, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Looking for farm job contract+acc+ticket+work visa

Regards

• 41 michael // Oct 14, 2009 at 12:31 pm

dairy farmer looking for work new zealand ples ph good hard working you can relie on!!!!!!!!!!! 0272161431

• 42 Rodrigo and Nicole // Oct 14, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Hi there,
    we are a chilean/german couple looking for dairy farm work on the north island with a valid working holiday visa.
    We don’t have any experience in dairy farming but worked in orchards before.
    Can anyone give us some tips how to find some work?! Is it the best to contact an agency or the farms by itself???

Thanks for your help :o )

• 43 Isarel cain Abrio Pioquinto // Oct 24, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Hello… If i will be given a chance to step and work on a New zealand soil. I will do my best to be part in your team……. more power GOD bless… PATIENCE TURNING GRASS INTO MILK

• 44 sarah // Nov 24, 2009 at 9:38 am

hi i wana be a dairy farmer so bad i really like working on farms

• 45 jaisbeer // Mar 21, 2010 at 10:01 pm

hi
    i am from india i like to work in newzealand as a dairy farmer .can anybody help me out?

• 46 shone augustine // Mar 25, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I am Shone Augustine from India, Kerala state, trying to go to NZ as farm worker. Anybody please help. Mail me at shone.2010@gmail.com
    Hoping for the best…
    Thanks…

• 47 AUBREY XULU // May 18, 2010 at 1:16 am

I AM CURRENTLY SICKING FARM VACANCY I HAVE A NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN AGRUCULTURE:ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND I HOLD AN A.I CERTIFICATE.MY FIELDS ARE DAIRY,PIGGERY,BEEFER AND POULTRY PRODUCTION ND I POSSES AN ASSESOR CIRTIFICATE AND GRADE E,D AND C GRADES IN SECURITY.I’M A SOUTH AFRICAN WITH GREAT PASSION FOR AGRICULTURE PLZ CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT WORLD WIDE

• 48 Heri Mboya // May 24, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I am a Tanzanian aged 33 years, a graduate with Barchellor of Sience In Animal Science and production. I am so much intrested to work in one of the NZ dairy industry.

• 49 Tabrez // May 25, 2010 at 3:32 pm

hi am tabrez now leaving in samoa but am from fiji i am most interested in dairy farming.pliz if any one could give me a break for once i would be more greatful to you.at the moment am a planter in samoa and selling me crops for a living . pliz contact me on tabrez_fono@yahoo.com

• 50 JAPFORMS // Jun 26, 2010 at 11:51 pm

presently working in dairy farm in kuwait for 3years more. experience in milking processor maintenance and mechanical technician,driving,welding. painting,carpenter..and as well as knowledge on documentation process…willing to go anytime,thanks for guiding us…

• 51 Meiko Ian Bucalis // Jul 2, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I am a Filipino a very hardwoking and very intested to work as a dairy farm worker,in fact i am graduated in dairy farm management. mailed me at; meiko_316@yahoo.com

• 52 Meiko Ian Bucalis // Jul 2, 2010 at 5:54 pm

• 53 crisologo tion // Jul 5, 2010 at 3:39 pm

hi im cris from Philippines. i recently worked from a dairy farm somewhere in mindanao. i am looking for job in newzealand. i realy need help.

• 54 ROHIT LAL // Jul 6, 2010 at 10:36 am

I am employed as an agriculture officer in Fiji.
    I have a diploma and bacherlor in agriculture.
    I want to work in the NZ Dairy industry.

vinaka

• 55 ROHIT LAL // Jul 6, 2010 at 10:38 am

interested in dairy job

• 56 Aimee McNaughtob // Oct 7, 2010 at 7:54 am

Hi there, my husband and i are hard working kiwi’s, looking for a career in dairy farming. we both have a little bit of experience and i have a farming up bringing. Please help us find a decent career change.

• 57 Lone Mahendra // Oct 19, 2010 at 12:04 am

Hello,

I am an Indian, hard worker, enthusiastic, honset, and currently working in Heritage Foods (I) Ltd., in Maharashtra, as Sr. Exec. (QA), having experience of 7 years and completed M.Sc. in Dairy.
    If anyone have reqiurement as per my qualification and experience plz. contact me.

Lone M. D.
    +919922966794

• 58 Rob StGeorge // Oct 29, 2010 at 5:54 am

You may want to register on jobhunters.co.nz its free!….

• 59 Jagdish Singh // Nov 13, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Sir, I am a laborious Ex-Serviceman (47Yrs). I am interested in Dairy Farm in official capacity or any other job available. Kindly intimate eligibility criteria. Thanks.
    Jagdish Singh

• 60 Rob StGeorge // Feb 8, 2011 at 5:40 am

Hi why don’t you register as a candidate on our site. Thanks.

• 61 deepak parajuli // Jul 16, 2011 at 8:44 pm

my name is deepak parajuli,im from Nepal i haveing experience of 4years complited in almarai dairy farm .
    2years in parlour ,2years hoof trimming in health depart,. Sir, I am a laborious i can driving also .looking for a career in dairy farming,if iget chance i hooping for the best ..thank ‘s

• 62 working in new Zealand // Aug 25, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I was just passing, its really nice for those who are unable to get job so far…

• 63 Sukhwinder Singh // Nov 2, 2011 at 2:45 am

Hi i am from india.i like to work in new zealand as a dairy farmer.can anybody help me out. my dairy farming experience three years. i can drive tractors etc. pls cont.9781356971

• 64 John Paul Caunan // Nov 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Are there any job vacancies for a dairy farm job in your company? I have 2yrs of experience in dairy farming and still counting. Graduate of BS Agriculture (Animal Science) specialized in Dairy Production. Currently working in a dairy farm. johnpaul.caunan@yahoo.com

• 65 Charanjeet Singh // Nov 22, 2011 at 6:52 pm

hello, my name is Charanjeet Singh, i m from India and i am 24 years old. I have done 10+2. I have 2 year Experience in (Dairy Farm) Agriculture. I am very interested in a dairy farm job in Auckland New Zealand, , so it would be better for me is the farm is the Auckland. if you have some vacancy please let me know ( send me a mail). thank you

• 66 Charanjeet Singh // Nov 22, 2011 at 6:53 pm

hello, my name is Charanjeet Singh, i m from India and i am 24 years old. I have done 10+2. I have 2 year Experience in (Dairy Farm) Agriculture. I am very interested in a dairy farm job in Auckland New Zealand, , so it would be better for me is the farm is the Auckland. if you have some vacancy please let me know send me a mail. dpl3055@yahoo.com thank you

• 67 Charanjeet Singh // Nov 25, 2011 at 7:00 pm

• 68 Md.Amir Hossen // Jan 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I’m from the Bangladesh, I want to work as dairy worker in New Zealand, please help me.
    my mail number- amir01k@yahoo.com

• 69 Rohana Wijenayaka // Jan 18, 2012 at 6:59 am

I AM ROHANA FROM SRI LANKA.I WANT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND AS A DAIRY FARM WORKER..
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE..
    THANKS..
    MAILED ME AT rohananalinda72@gmail.com

• 70 ferdinand.ponce // Jan 30, 2012 at 7:59 pm

i`m working on a multinational dairy company here in the philippines and i would like to learn more about dairy, i want to work on a dairy farm in new zealand, is there somebody who can help me to work in new zealand…

• 71 dennis a. vergara // Feb 16, 2012 at 12:16 am

hi my name is dennis a. vergara im from philippines.i am interested in dairy farm or any other job available. if i get a chance i hoping for the best…. thanks and god bless you.

• 72 chintan // Feb 25, 2012 at 1:39 am

i want too go too NZ any who

• 73 willy oscar // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:47 am

hello
    I am a young Cameroonian, I stay in Cameroon, I would learn your culture, I seek an internship or a job in your country, on a farm or ranch I love agriculture and animal husbandry
    I also trained in cooking, service and accommodation I am a person of good character, also with a good physique, I like the teamwork I remain at your disposal thank you
    Eone Eone willy oscar
    email.eoneeone10@hotmail.com

• 74 hira chhantyal // Apr 3, 2012 at 8:23 pm

hi, this is hira from nepal. i have 7 years experience of dairy farm of the saudi arabia from al marai company ltd and i have intention to go to new zealand and work with any of newzealand dairy farm. so if you have a opportunities for me please let me once. also i had applyed from new delhi but they did not give me visa when i applyed 1st january 2007. kind regard.

• 75 C. Saengtong // May 3, 2012 at 1:56 am

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a Thai from Thailand 33 years old. I graduated Bachelar’s Degree in Animal Science at Rajamangala Institute of Technology as March 10, 2002 .
    I have 5 years work experience in dairy farming
    I am intrested to work in one of the NZ dairy Farm.

I am looking forward to hear you very soon.

With Regards,
    C,Saengtong
    May2,2012

• 76 raymund n. turay // May 19, 2012 at 2:04 pm

hi,i’m looking for dairy farm job,,i have been almost 2 years as a dairy farming(milker) and still working here in hokkaido japan for the last 1 year and my contract end on march 2013,please help me,,thanks!

• 77 Amjad // May 24, 2012 at 9:13 pm

My name is Majid. I am a vet with 5 year farm jobs work experience.For being qualified for migration to New Zealand I need just one year work experience .Is any one want to find a good qualified worker for free accomdation and food .I am very skilled in working with farm animals I want to work for a farm completely free for work experience.

• 78 Hannes Olivier // Jun 4, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I am a married South African male in my mid 40s with two sons and wish to immigrate to New Zealand. I am hard working and mechanical minded and have been in my currant job now for over 20 years and willing to do what ever work I am offered . I am looking for a sponsor in the agriculture sector. Thanks Hannes.

• 79 Joseph mutie maima // Jun 5, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Am kenyan aged 32yrs married with 3children ijust want to work in nz n in dairy section kindly help me

• 80 Yoga // Jul 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I am a science graduate with managerial experience over 15 years(also have Experience in IT), but I would like to get a job as a dairy manager, please contact if any employer wishing to offer me a job.I am available immediately.

• 81 shoaib afzal // Aug 6, 2012 at 3:44 am

hi i m basically a farmer.i have lot of experience in dairy farming so plzzzzzzzz give me a chance to proove myself.

• 82 Gopal reddy // Sep 16, 2012 at 9:01 pm

hi i am Gopal reddy aged 34 yrs married i need job for dairy farminfarmingg i have a Experience 4yrs in dairy i am available immediately please contact mob-+919008372794

• 83 Namal // Oct 19, 2012 at 2:22 pm

hi i am Namal aged 34 yrs single i need job for dairy farming job i have a NZ experience in dairy i am available immediately please contact

nikadeniya79@yahoo.com